Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Last Day

Today was not only my last day but also the last day for speaking exams. I have been working with groups of students on their speaking parts since the day I began. Therefore, today was a great celebration. They were singing songs, dancing, and eating snacks and candy. It was a fun day. I'm excited that many students came close to almost perfect marks. All students tried their best and that's all I can ask for. 

Today I received cards, a poster, food, and a tshirt. The staff and students at the school are all very sweet. Tonight I will spend my last night with my family. It doesn't seem real that tomorrow I will be leaving. I plan to stay in touch with my teacher and with my family. My family discussed me staying longer if it was not for graduation. Mark (host brother) said that I can do that over Skype. We have already discussed them coming to visit me in the states. 

I am very thankful to have been given this opportunity. I met some wonderful teachers, worked with some great students, and had an amazing host family. I will encourage others to take on the same adventure. Not only do you learn about other cultures but you also discover things about yourself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment