Saturday, May 10, 2014

Unexpected Adventure

This weekend the SPED girls took a trip to Italy. First we started in Rome. There we visited the Vatican, the Colleseum, and the Trevi Fountain. It is a beautiful place filled with history. We took a bus tour around the city which was nice. 
The next city that we visited was Florence. The city looks older and is filled with art museums. We took a bus tour on this day also. It rained on this day which made it kind of lousy. We did visit a museum which housed Michelangelo's statue of David. They would not let us take any pictures unfortunately. 
The final two days were spent in Venice. The town is gorgeous. It looks like something out of a movie. Here we took a water taxi through the city on the first day to visit the Palace. On the last day we took a gondala ride through the city. It was a gorgeous day. 


While loading the airport shuttle I noticed that my purse was unzipped which I found weird. I looked and my second purse inside it was also unzipped and opened. Somehow in the mess of people pushing and shoving to get on the bus someone managed to get through three zippers to steal my wallet. Because we were about to load the plane I had all my things ready for airport security. This included my passport, ID, and credit card. All of it was taken. There I was with no money or identification. I reported it stolen and then Annie and I began the adventure back to Florence to the US Consulate. We were unable to get a flight out of Florence, therefore we took another train back to Venice to catch the next flight out to Barcelona. We are currently awaiting our plane in the airport. I can not wait to get back to my family in Barcelona and back to a normal day at school. I miss my students! 


No comments:

Post a Comment